Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Power-packed pre-climb snack
- 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg egg beaten
- 1/2 c applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c shredded zucchini
- 2/3 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add muffin wrappers or spray inside of muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add the first six ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix together with a whisk.
- Add next six ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and shredded zucchini. Batter will be thick. Add additional splashes of milk as needed until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes.
33 g carbohydrate 3 g fiber 16 g sugar 4 g protein