Strawberry Peach Mango Guacamole
Looking for a zippy way to dress up your old go-to guacamole recipe? Try adding juicy peaches, mango, and strawberries for a sweet, refreshing twist! Pair this with whole-grain tortilla chips, or into a tortilla wrap and you have yourself a smackin' snack before or after hitting the crag. Take a peek at the nutrition facts and you'll be pleasantly surprised and excited to ingest those healthy fats and antioxidants to refuel after a grueling climb.
- 3 medium avocados pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 green onion stalks trimmed and chopped
- 2 fresh peaches pitted and chopped
- 1 ripe mango chopped
- 1 pint strawberries washed, hulled, and sliced
- 1 handful cilantro washed and chopped
- 1/2 small jalepeno (optional) diced, depending on heat preference retain or discard seeds and ribbing
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- pinch salt to taste
- pinch black pepper to taste
- whole-grain tortilla chips
- 1. In a medium bowl, add the first 8 ingredients and stir gently2. Sprinkle in the black pepper and salt to taste3. Enjoy! Keep leftovers refridgerated.
Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Monounsaturated Fat 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 109 mg, Potassium 546 mg, Total CHO 20 g, Dietary Fiber 7 g, Sugar 9 g, Protein 2 g, Vitamin A 19%, Vitamin C 93%, Calcium 4 %, Iron 8 %
- This recipe has been adapted from Angela Liddon’s cookbook entitled, “Oh She Glows Cookbook.” The ingredients have been slightly changed to create a different twist on her original “Glowing Strawberry-Mango Guacamole”