No-bake chocolate energy bites
These energy bites are packed with decadent flavor and made with nutritious ingredients (plus chocolate chips for good measure). A healthy snack you’ll want to make again and again!
- 1/2 c your favorite nut butter
- 1/3 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c old fashioned oats (raw)
- 1/3 + 1/4 c toasted or raw coconut divided
- 1/2 c flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- dash salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut or canola oil
- 1/2 c dried cranberries, raisins, cherries, or dates
- 6 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, stir together nut butter, honey, vanilla and cocoa powder. If mixture seems too thick stir in 2 tsp warm water to thin. Add oats, coconut, flaxseed meal and chocolate chips and stir until evenly coated. At this point if mixture still doesn’t stick well, stir in up to 2 tsp water as needed. Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until nearly set and easier to handle.
- Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Total Fat 7 g Sodium 30 mg Potassium 43 mg Total CHO 11 g Fiber 2 g Sugar 6 g Protein 2 g