These oatcakes are not just for breakfast. Make a large batch and freeze them or take your leftovers in your go bag before heading outdoors to the rocks or gym. The hint of sweetness makes them perfect even without honey or syrup. Loaded with whole grains, protein, and fiber these bad boys provide lasting fuel for any ardruous climb.
- blender (optional)
- griddle (or large skillet)
- 1/2 cup milk cow, almond, soy (use your favorite)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 scoop whey protein isolate (optional)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 c ground flaxseed (optional)
- 2 Tbsp 100% Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Add all ingredients into a blender. Blend 5-7 seconds and scrape bottom and sides if necessary. Repeat until mixture is fully incorporated. If using a mixer, blend on low-medium speed until fully incorporated.2. Pour mixture onto hot griddle and cook 2-3 minutes. When bubbles appear, flip cakes over and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 122, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 169 mg, Potassium 66 mg, Total Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugar 5 g, Protein 7 g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Iron 5% Use this recipe as a starting block and cater it to your unique tastes. Optional toppers could be fresh berries, chocolate chips, banana slices, a spread of your favorite nut butter or walnuts, and sliced almonds. This recipe was adapted from Melissa Stadler from Modern Honey. The protein and fiber content has been modified from the original recipe to provide satiety during long workouts on the crag. Enjoy!